KLCC Mixed Development Substructure – Package 2
- Construction of 6 levels of basement carpark using Top Down methodology
- More than 1,000,000 m³ of earthwork was excavated for this project
- Works involved the construction of diaphragm wall around the site perimeter, large and deep bored piles (size: 2.2m diameter, 100m deep that is considered as one of the deepest bored pile in Malaysia) and plunge in columns as permanent structural element whereas king posts, ground anchors, diagonal steel beam & horizontal tubular beam strutting as temporary structural supports for top down construction, and complying to stringent requirements as to ensure safe working environment at all time
- The lowest level of the basement was designed as a 4m thick concrete raft foundation. Construction involved continuous pouring of concrete over 36 hours.
The project team carried out three castings with a total 22,000 m³ of concrete poured
- The project also involved relocation of existing underground utilities such as 33 KV & 11 KV cables, chilled water pipes & storm water drainage